30 things I wish for….
My 30th birthday is coming up.. and I was thinking of how I have lived my life all these years.. of course, I had my ride of the roller-coaster too, got broken and fixed and what ill-fated event there is out there. But hey, I think I made pretty good deals with life. I was blessed with loads of experiences I’d treasure forever! To name a few: (happy to have done 2 items in my to-do-before-i-die list) My travel tips got featured in a travel magazine by Philippine’s largest flag carrier airline (for 2 consecutive issues); Dared myself to do a cat pose that shocked my family and friends especially my Mama (yikes! more of like a “coming out”); Immersed myself in my 2nd passion (to loving, of course!): Photography – think my (amateur) shots got better now than when I first started. Haha! At least I can say that to myself; Travelled a lot – to capture amazing sights and immortalize moment by writing about them. But perhaps my most important fulfillment is becoming a better person all through these years – more loving of God, people, myself and life.. think people who know me closely can say that at least..
So here’s the thing now - I already spent 29 years of my life – which is like already half of the total average life expectancy for females – and I feel like there are still more that I can get and give to life over my remaining years. I was thinking of what other 30 things I wish to do or experience… and randomly I thought of: (now these may not all be realistic. Haha!)
- Stand to testify for God’s love to a thousand
- Celebrating a birthday at Mc Donald’s or Jollibee with my little angels.. (both groups.)
- Do some extreme sports like mountain climbing (Mt Apo) or sky diving
- My crush singing and/or cooking for me.
- Bring my Mama to Pilgrimage in Jerusalem or to Europe and get closer to the Pope
- Be one of the participants in the World Youth Day (Brazil!)
- Write an inspirational book (title would be: “No Dramas, Just Meaningful Lessons learned” or “How God writes a Beautiful Love Story”. Haha)
- Bake a cake
- Re-celebrate my 18th birthday – but this time with my gown and cotillion de honor. (Haha. Now this is more like a dream now!)
- Do a mission to Africa, Somalia or other areas where children need help
- Be in 2 places at one time
- Meet Ellen Degeneres or Oprah Winfrey
- Record a Song
- Travel to at least 3 more continents (Australia, Europe and Americas) and capture more beautiful sights
- Have a star named after me.
- Paint a Picture
- Get my own Dream House with bathtub and pool and oh! My own walk in closet!
- Imprint myself on someone for the rest of his life.
- To be wed to my God’s Gift.
- Honeymoon off to a Caribbean Cruise.
- Give birth to our baby angel. (of course with a legit father. J)
- Make special people I love extremely happy.
- To grow my investment portfolio.
- Hit my target savings by the age of 35.
- Send a scholar to school – paying forward what my generous benefactors had done for me.
- Go for a silent retreat.
- Travel alone.
- Sweet dance with my love.
- Sponsor/Host fund-raising activities for my beneficiaries.
- Write a beautiful eulogy of myself. Leave an indelible mark on my loved ones.
So yes, I guess I have most likely enumerated all of my life’s wishes here. Think you have just known one-fourth of myself here. I will revisit this from time to time to check which ones I have realized. Haha. Good luck to me on that!