The Scent of a Woman (my 5 Fave Scents)
I have a very keen sense of smell. I can strongly associate a memory with a scent. In fact, I do clearly remember how Papa would generously spray over himself his favorite Brut perfume and thus his scent would stay even long after he'd left the house. And believe it or not, I can still smell Papa's scent to this day.
Today, I will share with you 5 of my favorite perfumes. Yes, fragrance is one of my 3 constant obsessions, the other 2 are skincare and grammar. (so, you could imagine how I go crazy whenever I review my blogs and notice my grammatical errors. Haha! Perdona conmigo.)
Here is my list (from least to most fave):
1. Chance Eau Fraiche Chanel for Women - it's got a mixture of citrus lemon and cedar. It's a bit strong for me and hence I'd usually wear this on evening occasions because it stays longer on my skin.
2. Jo Malone Vanilla Anise - One time I went to Hudson Bay fragrances section. I asked the lady if they are carrying Jo Malone line in the store. And she was holding a newly launched Prada perfume then. She said, "Oh, sorry dear. We don't have Jo Malone here. But I could guess you have a great choice of perfumes. Jo Malone is a very good brand. You can try this new Prada scent, it should be similar." Her comment actually convinced me more to look for one here in Toronto. What's nice about Jo Malone perfumes is that you can actually mix and spray 2 scents altogether and you'd still smell nice and sweet. I saw Cheska Kramer, a Filipino celebrity posted this particular scent on her instagram account. So I got curious. I went to Holt Renfrew which I think is 1 of the only 2 stores here in Toronto carrying this label. And yes, she's right! Vanilla Anise is like a breath of fresh air in a summer time, in the real sense of the words. I like that I can wear this if I go for a beach walk or something.
3. Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey - This is actually my first Jo Malone scent. It was given to me by my cousin in Dubai. When I first tried it on me, it was like "love at first spray". Haha! It's got a sweet combination of floral and fruity smell. I would definitely wear this on special occasions, say, a date? Haha. I'd spray to impress. (wink wink) Besides, it is expensive hence I would not use this daily. A 30 ml Jo Malone bottle costs 70 CAD plus tax. That pricey but worth-it. Apparently, this is the most famous scent among the Jo Malone fragrances.
4. Miracle by Lancome - As the label suggests, I would use this daily because I witness miracles everyday. :) This perfume has a mixture of flowery, fruity and powdery scents. It's like a combination of Jo Malone's Nectarine Blossom and Honey and D&G's Light Blue to me. I just love this fusion. Perhaps if I made this scent I would have named this as "Sweet Innocence", sweet and captivating.
5. Lanvin Eclat D'Arpege - Of the many fragrances I have tried on, this is by far my most favorite one. I have been wearing this scent for 3 years now. Although I want to change scents every now and then depending on the occasion, I'd still like to have that one scent that everyone could associate to me. One when someone smells it, he'd say, "oh this is so Kristine!". Haha! And this is it. It's got sophisticated fruity and floral hints. I just love it on my skin. It stays longer and it smells even sweeter later on. Too bad, I am only able to find this in Holt Renfrew here in Toronto and it is expensive whereas in Singapore I could even get the 100 ml bottle for the price of the 50 ml here. It would be perfect if you also get the lotion and the body wash of this scent. Hmmmm..
One tip for you when you shop for fragrances, always ask for samples or testers. They could even give you free small gifts like a lotion or a pouch/purse that usually come together with the perfumes as a promotion. I do this often. I haggle. Haha!
But you know what, beyond what the nose can smell, I think that the true scent of a woman is the kindness that emanates from within her. It's like a perfume when poured it doesn't only stays in her, it naturally comes out and thus affecting other people in a good way. This is also true for men, of course. :)