Happiest Birthday, Mama!
Today is a very special day that I am grateful for. Why? Because today is the birthday of the most important person in my life - my Mama. Take note, she dreads turning 59. Haha!
My mom and I have gone a looong way together. And I feel blessed with every moment that I get to spend with her. You see, I could not imagine my life without her. And I refuse to even think about it. She is my life's greatest blessing.
Oh, Mama why do I adore you? Here let me tell you why.
- You are the most supportive mother, ever!!! Well, this is true especially when it comes to my love life. Apparently, it is her primary, most urgent concern these days. Geez, you can imagine, before whenever I have a visitor at home, she'll be sitting right in the middle to entertain the guy. She would even spoon feed him. (literally!) And just the other night, she was actually telling me that I should try "going out" more because I will never know if the right person is out there unless I go out. O.K. She has a point there! Thanks Ma! Haha!
- You are the Sweetest Person I have known. My mom does every little thing with great love. I can tell it by the taste of the food she prepares and by the way she takes care of me whenever I am sick or even when I am perfectly well. She always makes sure she sends her message of love across not only to us, her children, but also to her friends. No wonder she has a number of friends who love her dearly.
- You are like a best friend to me. What I love about her is that we get to treat each other just like we're best friends. We can talk just about anything except about a few subject matters I opt to never discuss with her. Sssshh. Haha. We would laugh and cry together. And I love making fun at her, especially when she makes funny mistakes. Haha. She often needs to remind me that she is still my mother because I tend to forget that when I cross the line. Peace Ma!
- You are my Life's Greatest Inspiration. Throughout the years, I have come to witness how she has gracefully hurdled every struggle in different facets of her life. I have seen her at her weakest but I have always admired the strong woman that she is. She is a living testimony of God's Grace for me. If I could deepen my faith like hers, I know I can get through anything. She inspires me to become the best person I could ever be.
- You are my life. She has been my constant source of strength and security. Often, she is the reason why I do the things I do. Because of her, I dreamed of achieving big things in my life.
And so my list would go on and on.
I have always wished to repay her for all the hard labor of love she has done for us. But I know I can never outdo her. Mama once told me that when she was younger, she only hears of the wonderful places from the stories that her friends would tell her. So in my own little way, I try to make her dreams come true. And together we marvel at God's creations, one place at a time.
Here are some of the snaps of the places we visited:
|Pattaya, Thailand, 2008|
|Bangkok, Thailand, 2008|
|See, how crazy we can be together! Huh|
|Venetian, Macau, 2009|
|Hong Kong Harbour Front, 2009|
|Hong Kong Disneyland, 2009|
|Batam, Indonesia, 2010|
|Batam, Indonesia, 2010|
|Johor Bahru, Malaysia, 2010|
|Bohol, Philippines, 2010|
|Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2011|
|Yes Ma? Feel na Feel! Haha!|
|Davao, Philippines, 2011 (Alms, alms for the Poor! haha!)|
|Ha Long Bay, Vietnam, 2013 (She climbed up the 200 steps! Good job Ma!)|
|Ha Long Bay, Vietnam, 2013|