Toni Gonzaga & Paul Soriano - When God writes a Perfect Love Story
There were a handful of weddings that inspired me but I have to say that the wedding of Toni Gonzaga & Paul Soriano was exceedingly beautiful that it had me say "that's the kind of love story that I am praying for myself". (You can imagine me crying buckets of tears while watching!) I am sure many other singles share the same admiration over their love story. It may not be as grand and publicized as the other celebrity weddings we have seen but it sets a quintessential example of how two people journey through marriage while upholding true Christian core values.
Here are 5 things that we, Christian singles and unmarried couples should learn from Toni and Paul:
1. God's Best is yet to Come. He makes all things Beautiful in His Perfect time. Jeremiah 29:11 "
2. Obeying and Honoring your Parents always works for your best. Ephesians 6:2 "Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise— “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.” - Toni never left her home and sought independence. In fact, she had always respected her parents' guidance over her and obeyed all their strict rules. Paul was not allowed to stay late at the Gonzaga's home and they were never permitted to go on trips all by themselves. Toni's parents have always been protective of their daughter all throughout, which, in the long run worked best for Toni as it made Paul value her like a Princess. Paul, on the other hand, acceded to all the restrictions imposed and respected Toni's parents. This was certainly a big gesture for Paul to prove to them how much he loves their daughter.
3. True Love Waits. Hebrew 13:4 "Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous." - Toni and Paul are both Christians. They adhered to the rule of honoring the vow of chastity by preserving Toni's purity until Marriage. This made them honor and love each other in a deeper and more intimate way beyond the physical aspect of their relationship. I remember Toni said in an interview that "Love should be greater than your lust for each other". True enough, Love should be the very reason why two people should enter into marriage, no less. And that women should learn to value and preserve their worth. Men on the other hand, will realize that as the prize is worth all the cost of waiting, there is no giving up. The abstinence made them look forward to being able to enjoy it as a gift that is exclusive in marriage.
4. True Love Endures all things. It always perseveres. 1 Corinthians 13:7 "It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." - As Love is the strongest foundation in any relationship, Toni and Paul held tight to their commitment to love each other amidst all the difficulties and challenges in their relationship. Paul, who was used to being behind the camera, had to sacrifice his privacy to some extent as he slowly exposed himself to Toni's world in showbiz. Also, he lovingly accepted his position in Toni's life. As she put it, Paul knew all along that he ranked last amongst her priorities as she worked deligently on her career to help her family. But Paul understood this and stood by her for the longest time. He patiently waited for her until she was ready to put everything else aside and finally make him top of her priorities next to God. All throughout their 8 years together, they never let go of each other because to them, Love conquers all.
5. True Christian Love honors God. Romans 8:28 "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." - Their wedding was truly a gift from God to behold. More than the ceremony to celebrate their union, it was a grand manifestation of God's reward to both of them who honored Him all throughout their relationship. Indeed, to pursue Love is to Pursue God. As two imperfect people are joined together in the sacrament of matrimony, their union are made perfect by a Perfect God. It is truly an awe-inspiring perfect love story scripted by God Himself.
Again, indeed, there is #FOREVER! And this can only be made possible through God's intervention and blessing. This I believe. :)
Acknowledgement: Credits to the owners of the photos and the videos.